Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dreaming the Dream - Soon to Go


One week now until I start my long dreamed of trip through the Western States. I have my pickup with a camper shell for a base camp, massage table to sleep on, photo gear to catch landscapes when the light is just right, bicycle to keep me in shape and best of all, a TW200 dual purpose motorcycle with which to roam around and see everything. I'll start from Truth or Consequences, NM, go to California, up the coast, over to the Rockies and back down to New Mexico by fall. You can see from the picture, I've been sitting around eating for the last 8 months and back up to my fightin' weight (if I were a Sumo wrestler). My bikes will be my fitness trainers as I pound dirt roads. My hitch mounted rack for the TW was delivered today and I'll get that assembled first thing. Gotta go twist some nuts.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your trip Richard! I hope you can keep the truck running. If not at least you have other ways to go. DOn't let the bicycle throw you. When do you pull out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been over a month since you posted, everything okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I concur with Geezer. You OK? I posted once before in April. Pat

    ReplyDelete